[gigya src=”http://straightshoot.podomatic.com/swf/joeplayer_v20a.swf” object width=”620″ height=”85″ wmode=”transparent” menu=”false” movie=”http://straightshoot.podomatic.com/swf/joeplayer_v20a.swf” flashvars=minicast=false&jsonLocation=http%3A%2F%2Fstraightshoot.podomatic.com%2Fentry%2Fembed_params%2F2014-11-05T17_53_22-08_00%3Fcolor%3D1c60ff%26autoPlay%3Dfalse%26facebook%3Dtrue%26height%3D85%26minicast%3Dfalse%26objembed%3D1%26width%3D620″ allowFullscreen=”true” allowscriptaccess=”always” flashvars=”minicast=false&jsonLocation=http%3A%2F%2Fstraightshoot.podomatic.com%2Fentry%2Fembed_params%2F2014-11-05T17_53_22-08_00%3Fcolor%3D1c60ff%26autoPlay%3Dfalse%26facebook%3Dtrue%26height%3D85%26minicast%3Dfalse%26objembed%3D1%26width%3D620″ wmode=”transparent” menu=”false” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” version=”10.0.0″ width=”620″ height=”85″]
The World’s Smartest Rasslin Talk Show is headed back down south! Join us on Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 6pmET as STRAIGHT SHOOT discusses WCW Starrcade 1989: Future Shock!
As always, we’ll bring the historical background, the who’s who and copious amounts of jokes, so all you need to do is watch Starrcade 1989 on the WWE Network before Wednesday, then RSVP on the official event page.
Ways to watch/listen are below. Scroll down for more information on Starrcade 1989: Future Shock!
- Right here, on this very page, live or after-the-fact, through the embedded YouTube video right up above
- Over at the official Google Hangout event page, where you can watch live and even ask questions.
- On my official YouTube channel, where the video will continue to live after the event. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE.
- The morning after, via audio-only podcast versions of the show embedded above or on iTunes, Stitcher and PodOmatic.
STRAIGHT SHOOT is completely free for you to enjoy, but to keep the show free and independent, we need your support…
- Order a STRAIGHT SHOOT t-shirt and OVER LIKE ROVER bottle opener from the STRAIGHT SHOOT Big Cartel store.
- Become a Straight Shoot patron at Patreon, where you can help us upgrade our audio quality by pledging as little as $1/month.
- Do all your regular Amazon shopping through our Amazon Associate link.
- Sign up for a FREE audiobook and 30-day membership with Audible, where you can listen to more than 150,000 audiobooks.
- If all that sounds like too much work, consider donating via Paypal.
Unlike previous events, the 1989 Starrcade featured a relatively small amount of talent, with absolutely no title defenses. Instead, the entire event was built around tournaments – known as Iron Man and Iron Team (though neither featured any actual Iron Man Matches). Each tournament held four entrants (individuals and tag teams) that competed according to round-robin rules, with winners determined by a point system.
While it doesn’t feature the variety of matches seen on other pay-per-views, Starrcade makes up for it by prominently featuring some of the best wrestlers not only in WCW, but anywhere in 1989.
As always, the pay-per-view card, with spoilers omitted, can be found below:
- The Steiner Brothers vs. Doom
- Sting vs. Lex Luger
- The Road Warriors vs. Doom
- Ric Flair vs. Great Muta
- The Road Warriors vs. The Steiner Brothers
- Sting vs. Great Muta
- The New Wild Samoans vs. Doom
- Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger
- The Steiner Brothers vs. The New Wild Samoans
- Lex Luger vs. The Great Muta
- The Road Warriors vs. The New Wild Samoans
- Ric Flair vs. Sting