RIGHT NOW over at Amazon there’s a humongo sale going on with a ton of heavy music on sale for $5-$6.99. As a public service, I’ve decided to make a list of the albums I would absolutely recommend someone picking up from this here sale…
- Serpents Unleashed by Skeletonwitch: On the shortlist for album of the year if you ask me. It’s evil, thrashy black metal, but with hooks, so you can still rock out to it.
- Opus Eponymous by Ghost: Blue Oyster Cult meets Kiss if all Blue Oyster Cult’s songs were overtly about Satan and if Kiss didn’t kinda suck. Their first album.
- Abra Kadavar by Kadavar: Heavy not hard. Psychedelic, groovy metal from three bearded German longhairs.
- Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth: I don’t know if this is Amon Amarth’s best album, but it’s the first of theirs that I got really into. Death metal about vikings.
- Leviathan by Mastodon: From Mastodon I actually prefer The Hunter, but this one is a concept album about Moby Dick, so it gets a lot of bonus points.
- Murder the Mountains by Red Fang: My favorite Red Fang album. Sludgy, sleazy rock by metal dudes. Drinking music.
- Blood Ceremony by Blood Ceremony: Flute-heavy Sabbathy pagan metal with a groovy female lead singer.
- Kvelertak by Kvelertak: Black metal lyrics with catchy rock hooks. These guys shred. Plus all their songs are about weird viking and Norse mythology stuff.
Crap. That’s only thirteen pages in of the FOUR HUNDRED PAGES of on-sale albums! Go check it out!