“To me, what makes these fights interesting is the same thing that makes wrestling interesting, the same thing that makes Dragonball Z fights interesting, the same thing that makes kung-fu movies interesting.”
I recently spoke with Luke Walaszek at Game Informer about our very unique approach to fight-based storytelling in Street Fighter x G.I. Joe, including how I went about determining the winners of each battle, how fortunate we are to have Emilio Laiso on the book and more. Check out the full interview here!
Street Fighter x G.I. Joe #1 hits shelves Wednesday, February 24, 2016. If you’re wondering where to pick one up, check out ComicShopLocator.com to find a store near you, or just head to Comixology.com, where you can buy a digital copy.
And if you’re hungry for more information about your new favorite comic book series, check out these links:
- The initial announcement at ComicBook.com
- Discussion of the entire roster at Comics Alliance
- The reveal of the tournament brackets at Comic Book Resources
- Preview of all eight first-round match-ups at Comic Book Resources
- An advance review of the first issue at Deadshirt.net
- An extended interview at Newsarama
- The first six pages at Vice